Monday, June 22, 2009

Quick & Easy, Fun Lunch

We try to avoid over processed, preservative filled, pre-packaged foods from the store. I'm sure you're wondering what in the world we eat then, right? So do I, sometimes!

Fresh fruit, boiled eggs, fresh veggies, cheese sticks with crackers, fresh bread, or tortillas is what we eat a lot of during the warm months. Here's what we had today!

Next time you make sloppy joes or spaghetti, save out about 1 1/2-2 cups of the sauce. We purchased the whole wheat mini bagels, shredded some cheese and that's all you need! I sprayed the pan with oil to avoid cheese drips sticking to the pan and preheated the broiler on the oven (you can use your toaster oven too).

Split the bagels in halves and lay on pan, spoon on about 2 TB leftover sauce, top with shredded cheese and place under broiler for a few minutes until bubbly and the cheese is lightly browned in spots.

Cut up an apple and banana, throw in a bowl with grapes and wa-lah a quick, nutritious lunch!

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy! Where do you find whole wheat bagels that don't have HFCS or bad preservatives in them? I think I found some at Whole Foods once but they were so expensive! My kids love anything with bagels, so I know they'd love these!

    ReplyDelete