Thursday, June 4, 2009

Buttery Popcorn, Sweet Popcorn, Who can resist yummy popcorn?!

Okay, so we are out of yellow popcorn...what? Whew...good thing I found that black popcorn on sale and decided to try it out. So, what to do with it? Hmmm...out of butter...that means no cinnacorn either. Oh, Rachel Ray, thank you, deary! She sent me an email just in time...Spicy Popcorn! No butter needed.

Ingredients:

  • 2 teaspoons chili powder
  • 1 teaspoon paprika
  • ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
  • 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
  • 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
  • 15 cups hot unsalted stove- or air-popped popcorn (½ cup unpopped)

Directions:

  1. In a small bowl, mix the chili powder, paprika, cayenne and salt. In an extra-large bowl, drizzle some olive oil over the popcorn and sprinkle with some of the spices. Mix with your hands; repeat until the popcorn is evenly coated.
rachelraymag.com

I'll share my infamous Sweet & Salty Cinnacorn with you soon. Until then...Enjoy! :)

2 comments:

  1. I can just smell it now. Hope it was yummy!
    Mel, i gave you a lovely blog award sweetie. It is in a post on the first page of my blog , you can copy and paste to your blog if you'd like
    Hugs, GG

    ReplyDelete
  2. Popcorn is my MOST FAVORITE snack so I NEED your cinnamony popcorn recipe!! thanks for this one, too! I love spicing my popcorn up!

    ReplyDelete