Friday, June 12, 2009

Easy Breezy Green Cleaning



For daily cleaning all you need is a clean rag and warm sudsy water...I just squirt a small amount of dish soap (preferably one w/o surfactants like 7th Generation - I use Ivory) on a rag and get it wet to wipe down table/counters etc. This will work in the bathroom for daily maintenance or use the below spray.

General cleaning in kitchen and bathroom - 1 cup vinegar, 2 tsp. liquid castile soap, fill spray bottle with water (optional 5-10 drops of essential oil such as orange or lavendar) Use this for everything and I mean everything...all surface all purpose cleaner. Leave a bottle in each bathroom and the kitchen. It only takes a minute to make!

For disinfecting things such as a counter where you just cut raw meat or a bathroom- take 1 dark colored bottle of pure 3% peroxide (the cheap spray bottles at walmart-the spray part unscrews off the clear bottle it comes on and fits perfectly on the large peroxide bottle) and one spray bottle of pure Heinz distilled vinegar (it must say made from grain or it's toxic). The combination of these two sprays simultaneously are stronger and more effective then chlorine bleach and if your child drank either or both they would be fine. Use this as a fruit/veggie/meat wash. You don't even have to rinse if you don't want!

I use the above sprays and just go crazy, one in each hand, spraying once a week, sink handles, faucets, counter tops, etc...just to disinfect and use a warm sudsy rag the rest of the time. I'm not sure if there's an effect on certain surfaces so test a small area if unsure. :)

So see?! It's not hard to clean green! One all purpose cleaner and a bottle each of pure vinegar and peroxide. You don't need a million homemade potions for separate things!

No comments:

Post a Comment