Sunday, January 25, 2009

EASY Homemade Honey Peanut Butter Granola

This is what you'll need:
12 cups rolled oats (1 large container)
1 1/2 cups honey
1 can apple juice concentrate
1/2 cup oil (I use EVOO)
1 1/2 cups peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)

Mix the wet ingredients with a mixer in a large bowl. Add the oats and stir until combined.

Preheat oven to 300* F. Place the granola on two cookie sheets or
I use glass 9x13 pans because it's easier to stir. ;)

Place in the oven (300*F) and stir every 20 minutes until lightly browned, usually about an hour but it's important to check it every 5-10 minutes towards the end so you don't burn it.

Once completely cool, store in an airtight container. At this point you can add dry fruit or seeds. We like to keep it plain and add fresh fruit or nuts to our individual bowls.

Eat this like any cereal or our favorite, top your yogurt with this yummy treat!

Variation: Omit honey and add 1 cup brown sugar. Stir the wet ingredients in a medium bowl. Place the oats in a large bowl and stir in the brown sugar before adding the wet ingredients to the oats. This is fabulous but of course adds in refined sugar.

1 comment:

  1. I had just got a cookbook that said to use apple juice concentrate and was wondering about it. Now that I know you've done it, I'm going to go ahead and try it!

    ReplyDelete