Okay, so you know the only way to make really yummy coffee is with a french press, right?! Well, I had been neglecting mine until I decided to try a $5 latte for pennies on the dollar at home.
Mel's Favorite Frugal Latte:
1. Boil your water for your french press (or use strong brewed coffee). Put 1-2 tablespoons coffee into your 3 cup press.
2. Meanwhile on stovetop (or in microwave - I don't have one) heat 1 mug full of milk to steaming in saucepan with pour spout (or if using microwave heat in 4 cup glass measuring vessel).
3. Pour the boiling water into your french press and give a gentle stir with a non-metal object (I use a wooden chopstick). Place the lid back on and wait 3-5 minutes.
4. While waiting on the coffee, stir 1/3 cup french vanilla liquid creamer into the milk.
5. Gently push down plunger on press and pour into the saucepan with your steaming milk.
6. Stir in sugar to taste (or none!) or my favorite 1 Tablespoon caramel ice cream topping. Top with whipped cream if desired.
Makes 2 servings.
YUMMO! Save yourself $4 dollars or more and make it at home. It takes less time then going through the drive-thru. Use your favorite creamer to vary the flavors.



Im going to have to get myself one of those coffee press things!
ReplyDeleteYour blog looks GREAT! I love the background. It's sooo fun and cheerful!